addicted

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Canada Trip (very long post)

As promised, my next entry would be that of my Canadian trip. And here it is.
For everyone who has known me for quite some time, they'd be able to tell you that I'm such a daddy's little girl. Spoiled (but not rotten) by my dear parents. I never did anything for myself because they were always there to do it for me. But this trip had taught me a lot and the biggest lesson of all was Independence.

I remember whenever we travel, all I had to do with the documents like embarkation card et al, was to sign my signature. My mom would end up filling everything out for me. Imagine my panic when I was not sure what answer I would place on the boxes. I also never packed for myself and my goodness, the stuff I brought from here + ALL those I bought from there were just left lying on the floor, unpacked. Packing is still something I cannot do properly. Good thing my tita was there to help me out. She's the best packer known to man, imagine she was able to pack a ceiling fan inside a luggage a few years ago? But I'm digressing. I had to fend for myself a lot when I was there. No one woke me up, fixed my itinerary, bought stuff for me, but me. Days and weeks before my departure, I was really a fret! On the way to the airport, Mommy was still giving a lot of instructions on the WHATs and the WHATnots. Up until I have safely passed Philippine Customs, my parents were waiting outside the airport.

Imagine my happiness when I arrived in Hong Kong for a 3-hour layover! I was happily texting my kabarkada to tell her I was in HK already! I made it (although that was like 1/8 of the leg) but nevertheless, I was there. Another worry that came to me though was when the Pilot announced that as we were refuelling in Alaska, we had to disembark! I was a bit worried for my US visa expired in 2005 and I haven't renewed it yet. But then it was not a problem at all for they had a list of the passengers on board and we weren't going out of the airport anyways.

Upon arrival at Terminal 3 of the airport in Toronto, I was again a nervous wreck for I normally don't speak during immigration and customs check. Usually, I was just my parents' shadow ( iba ang meaning ng shadow dito ha... alam kong may hihirit sakin pag nabasa ito.. nefifeel ko na.. hahaha! :p ) But this time, it was all me. So I fell in line. When I saw the Officer stationed at my queue, I panicked. And guess why?! Because he was so cute! And I might get tongue tied and forget my well-rehearsed speech like why I was visiting Canada or something to that effect. Lucky and unfortunately for me, Mr. Gwapo Officer's shift ended with the person before me. Mr. Average Officer was the one who interviewed me, so I got my accent and confidence back! Nakakahinayang lang at nawala ang chance magpacute! :P

My cousin Sue and her best friend Marija picked me up from the airport, and the rest as they say is history. It's very hard to fully share EVERY event, anecdote and funny experiences I had while I was there. But one thing's for sure though, I had FUN! I was able to spend time with my family there, who all treated me as their own. I miss them already. But another cousin is getting married in around 2 years, and guess who's willing to brave the 24 hour travel again to be there?! ME of course!

Here are the pictures of my Canadian adventure! It was all worth it! =)

1. Sightseeing all over


2. Dinners and parties


3. Wedding Day: At the Church (St. Maximillian Kolbe)



4. Photoshoot at the Reception: Casa Loma



5. Reception proper


On a side note, Mommy arrived last Monday and that was the first time I saw her since June 30. She also had a tremendous time with her South American tour. When she asked me, "So now that you can travel alone, internationally, would you?" I replied, "Of course! Mana ata ako sayo.." I just hope I have a financier like her! Hahahaha!

0 Graffities:

Post a Comment

<< Home