addicted

Thursday, January 13, 2005

reminiscing

i don't live in the past but apparently the past is haunting me this week.

it seems that the topic of my prom when i was still a HS junior keeps popping up for the past few days. to make the long story short, my prom date suddenly texted me because he got hold of my number from a kabarkada of mine, who's his classmate. it seems, they were talking about the event that happened so long ago. both were telling me what each has said. one asking me about the other. prom pixes were even a bigger issue. one showed mine to the other, the other asking for info on the other's pic and date.

because the issue is currently at hand, i decided to search my cabinet for the prom pictures i was able to collect from people. i patiently removed each from the album in order to read what they wrote as dedication on the other side. the messages were really funny and some of them still called me teresa back then.

my favorite seatmate in the whole wide world even wrote something as me being a neat seatmate (also to be taken literally), which had me laughing. an instant flashback reminded me how they were all making fun of me and my very messy seat and place. all tmy schoolbooks are strewn on every open floor space that had her either taking a longer way to her seat or making her take a giant leap. and i also remembered how at one time, she wasn't able to take my kalat anymore and actually stacked my books for me.

so while looking at all the pictures, i noticed that some of my friends' dates are people i actually know. japox legisma to name one. the others are just names and faces i get to see everyday but i do not know personally, like martin punzalan, ron acoba and bits tolosa. this was an AA prom, if you're wondering.

looking back, people really looked young. and i mean young. i can't help but laugh at how we all looked back then. back then, we were all excited for the future that lay ahead. and now, the future we envisioned for ourselves, are actually at hand.

*sigh*

memories are all we have of the past and luckily, there are pictures that remind us of the stories we have either forgotten or actually chose to erase.

0 Graffities:

Post a Comment

<< Home